Under Part 702 of the NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, credit unions with assets of $10 billion or greater are required to conduct capital planning and stress testing. To assist these credit unions, we have provided the following resources and information.
Capital Planning Resources
- NCUA 12 CFR §702, Subpart E - Capital Planning and Stress Testing (opens new window)
- NCUA - 2017 Range of Capital Planning Practices, Issued January 2018
- NCUA - 2016 Capital Planning - Observed and Leading Practices, Issued February 2017
- NCUA – 2015 Capital Planning - Observed and Leading Practices, Issued November 2015
- NCUA – Principles of Capital Policy and Capital Planning, September 2014
- NCUA Preliminary Capital Planning and Stress Testing Guidance
Other Industry Practices
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Capital Planning at Large Bank Holding Companies: Supervisory Expectations and Range of Current Practices, (August 2013).
- Stress Test and Capital Planning webpage (opens new window)
- Basel Regulatory Capital Framework (opens new window)
Stress Testing Resources
Credit Union Self-run Stress Testing Instruction and Results Templates
Credit unions needing access to data collection templates should contact the Office of National Examinations and Supervision at 703.518.6640 or by email at ONESMail@ncua.gov.
- Credit Union Self-run Stress Testing Instruction (opens new window)
- Credit Union Self-run Stress Testing Results Reporting Templates
Stress Testing Scenarios
Other Industry Stress Testing Practices
Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Stress Tests and Capital Planning Webpage (opens new window)
- Dodd-Frank Act Stress Tests (opens new window)
- Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) (opens new window)