The financial services landscape is ever changing, which means the NCUA must adapt to keep pace and provide for a safe and sound credit union system. The Enterprise Solution Modernization (ESM) program is a multi-year effort to introduce emerging and secure technology solutions that support the NCUA’s examination, data collection and reporting efforts to improve key, integrated business processes. The result will be a flexible technology architecture that integrates modernized systems and tools across the agency.
History and Milestones of the ESM Program
- November 2015 — The NCUA Board establishes the Enterprise Solution Modernization Program, to include hiring of additional resources within the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
- March 2016 — The NCUA Board approves Business Innovation positions to lead and coordinate NCUA’s Enterprise Solution Modernization Program to upgrade technology, improve efficiency and reduce examination costs.
- January 2017 — Business Innovation establishes a state supervisory authority working group to inform and provide input into the ESM Program.
- June 2017 — The NCUA Board receives a briefing (opens new window) from the Office of the Executive Director and the Office of the Chief Information Officer about the ESM Program.
- July 2017 — Business Innovation issues a Request for Information (opens new window) on Federal Business Opportunities for vendors to propose a credit and deposit analytic solution.
- October 2017 — The NCUA Board approves issuance of a Request for Information (opens new window) in the Federal Register seeking public input on the data the NCUA collects as part of its supervision of credit unions.
- June 2018 — The NCUA Board receives a briefing (opens new window) from the Office of the Executive Director and the Office of the Chief Information Officer about the ESM Program.
Office of Business Innovation
National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428