Overview of Credit Union Online
Credit Union Online is a web-based program used by credit unions and state supervisory agencies to submit and certify operational and quarterly financial information to NCUA. The online program contains two sections: Credit Union Profile and 5300 Call Report.
Note: Credit Union Online users must first download Microsoft Silverlight, a free downloadable program, before accessing Credit Union Online. You can download Silverlight by clicking on the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/.
Credit Union Profile
The online Credit Union Profile (profile) section collects specific operational information that is occasionally amended, such as Disaster Recovery Information, Emergency Contact Information, and Information Systems and Technology.
Quarterly, a credit union must review, update (when necessary), and certify its profile information. A credit union will not be permitted to submit a call report before profile certification.
5300 Call Report
The 5300 Call Report section of the system allows users to submit current quarterly financial information. It also allows users to submit corrected call reports for previous reporting cycles. The system design allows users to start a call report, save their information, and return later to complete it. Additional online features include:
- Warnings in the Profile help prevent errors and improve efficiency – Enhanced the warnings to remind users to enter new information or update existing information, such as outdated audit information.
- Real Time Call Report Calculations and Edits - Calculations and edits now update during data entry.
- Call Report Historical Warnings – Warnings that compare data between several Call Report cycles update and are available during data entry. This feature will help users catch any inconsistencies or possible errors. Also, the capability to export errors and warnings to Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF was added.
- Help Tips and Instructions – We included data entry help tips in each section of the profile. Call Report Forms and Instructions are also very easy to access for each cycle within the online system.
- New User Role – Users can assign employees or Directors a view-only role that gives a user the ability to view a specific credit union’s online information without the ability to edit.
Cycle Due Dates
Your Call Report is due no later than 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time as shown below:
|Dec. 31, 2015||Jan. 22, 2016|
|March 31, 2016||April 22, 2016|
|June 30, 2016||July 22, 2016|
|Sept. 30, 2016||Oct. 21, 2016|
|Credit Union Online Help|| Online Forms|
General System Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
2013 Loan Delinquency Reporting Changes (FAQs)
Online Profile FAQs
5300 Call Report FAQs
Webcast Presentation - May 15, 2012
Current Cycle Documents: Please select from below.
Note: Beginning June 2015, NCUA modified the form processes. NCUA will post new cycle documents only when changes occur. Also, the 5300 booklet is now divided into four documents, i.e., 5300 Form, 5300 Instructions, 5300 Account Codes, and 5300 Changes.
5300 Call Report - Form
5300 Call Report - Instructions
5300 Call Report -Changes
5300 Call Report -Account Descriptions
4501A Profile - Form
4501A Profile - Instructions
4501A Profile - Changes
If you need to revise previously filed call reports and want to view the forms and/or corresponding instructions, please, go to: 5300 Call Report Forms and Instructions Archive
Schema and Account Descriptions
(for Credit Union Software Vendors)
Credit Union Online provides the ability to import Call Report data from external sources. Data that is allowed to be imported must be in XML format and adhere to the XML schema published by NCUA each cycle. Any attempt to import data that cannot be validated by the published schema will be rejected. Credit Unions and their vendors who wish to import Call Report data should download the appropriate schema from the list below and construct their XML document accordingly. NCUA also recommends downloading the Account Descriptions spreadsheet which further describes the accounts being collected for the Call Report.
Call Report Import File Test Utility
Used to determine if an external import file conforms to the published 5300 schema. This will enable credit unions and their vendors to submit an import file through the schema validation. Any problems found will be returned in detailed messages, to help speed up the process of building an import file that will be accepted. Please note that this tool will not perform any actual importing of call report data. It is only provided as an aid to credit unions who wish to use the import feature. To access the Call Report Import File Test Utility, click here