Third Quarter Issue of The NCUA Report Now Available Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Aug. 29, 2017) – As part of its efforts to improve efficiency and reduce costs where possible, the National Credit Union Administration announced it is ending the print edition of its quarterly newsletter, beginning with the third quarter issue released today.
As an online-only publication, credit unions can access The NCUA Report’s articles in HTML format or view the entire issue as an interactive PDF file (opens new window).
Credit unions will no longer receive printed copies by mail. Readers can subscribe to the online version of The NCUA Report here (opens new window).
The current issue of The NCUA Report features columns from NCUA Board Chairman J. Mark McWatters and Board Member Rick Metsger, as well as articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on regulatory, supervisory and compliance issues at federally insured credit unions.
Articles in the third quarter 2017 issue include:
- Board Proposes Closing Stabilization Fund and Providing a Distribution in 2018
- Chairman’s Corner: Strengthening the Resilience of the Share Insurance Fund as We Close the Corporate Stabilization Fund Under an Important New Proposal
- Board Member Metsger’s Perspective: Confronting the Winds of Change
- Board Actions: Changes to Voluntary Mergers, Appeals Process, Corporate Rules Approved by Board
- Credit Union Boards Are the First Line of Defense Against Fraud
- Agency Announces Restructuring to Improve Efficiency, Meet Future Challenges
- Final CDFI Qualification Round Runs Aug. 7 to Sept. 1
- Protect Your Systems Against the EternalBlue Vulnerability
The NCUA Report newsletter highlights recent Board activity and important information that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. The fourth quarter issue of the newsletter will be available online in November. Previous issues are available on NCUA’s public website here.