ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Jan. 11, 2017) – The video recording of the Dec. 15, 2016, open meeting of the National Credit Union Administration Board is now available on the agency’s website.
Archived videos of past Board meetings may be viewed here, and each video remains on the site for one year.
At the December open meeting, the Board unanimously approved three items:
- A final rule providing regulatory relief to federal credit unions by eliminating the full occupancy requirement in the current occupancy rule.
- An interim final rule amending the agency’s Freedom of Information Act regulation to provide even greater agency transparency and to comply with changes in federal law.
- A request from the Texas Credit Union Department to revise its member business lending rule to provide parity with NCUA’s rule.
The Board also received briefings on:
- The performance of the Temporary Corporate Credit Union Stabilization Fund, which remained in a positive net position.
- The performance of the corporate credit union legacy assets and the NCUA Guaranteed Notes program, updating projections on a possible future Stabilization Fund rebate.
NCUA posts these videos as part of the agency’s ongoing efforts to provide transparency and to allow those unable to attend Board meetings the opportunity to become better informed. An interval between the meeting and posting is necessary for the videos to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act for the hearing and visually impaired.
The Board Actions page of NCUA’s website has more information, including Board agendas, which are posted at least one week in advance of each open meeting; copies of Board Action Bulletins, which summarize the meetings; copies of Board memorandums and other documents.