Read the Latest Issue of “The NCUA Report” Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Nov. 15, 2016) – More Americans will be eligible for credit union products and services with the approval of modernized field-of-membership regulations by the National Credit Union Administration Board in October.
In the latest issue of The NCUA Report, NCUA’s Office of Consumer Financial Protection and Access examines how the recent changes to the agency’s rules governing field of membership will facilitate consumer access to credit at federal credit unions.
The November 2016 issue of The NCUA Report newsletter is available online here.
The agency’s newsletter features a column from NCUA Board Chairman Rick Metsger, as well as articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and important information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues at federally insured credit unions.
Articles in this month’s issue include:
- Chairman’s Corner: An Idea Whose Time Has Come: Modernizing Field of Membership Is Good for American Consumers
- Board Actions: Board Approves Adjustments for Civil Monetary Penalties to Account for Inflation
- NCUA Approves Appraisal Exception for Areas Affected by Flooding in Louisiana
- Education Is the Key to Protecting Your Members
- Treasury Issues Updated Frequently Asked Questions on Banking, Remittances with Cuba
- Exam Flexibility Initiative Makes 10 Recommendations to Improve Exam Process
- Encourage Your Members to Take Advantage of This Year’s Open Enrollment
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board activity and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. If interested, you can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here. Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online here (opens new window).