ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Jan. 19, 2016) – The National Credit Union Administration announced today the January 2016 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online (opens new window).
This latest issue includes columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. Additionally, it contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
The articles in this month’s edition include:
- Welcome to the New Interest Rate Environment?
- Chairman’s Corner: Year of Regulatory Relief Yields Real Results
- Use the First Part of 2016 to Engage and Educate Members
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Exam Appeals: Credit Unions Deserve a Better Process—Part 2
- Board Actions: Board Approves Expanded Insurance Coverage on Escrow Accounts
- Determining Impairment in TDRs
- Understanding the Challenges Facing Minority Credit Unions
- New Associational Common-Bond Rule Already Providing Relief
- Mark Your Calendars for Our Upcoming Webinars
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. Interested readers can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here (opens new window). Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online at http://go.usa.gov/cghah (opens new window).