Thank you for your interest in the Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment. The assessment is designed to help credit unions assess existing diversity and inclusion policies and practices, and identify opportunities to implement best practices in diversity and inclusion.
Development of effective diversity and inclusion policies and practices takes time. Each year, credit unions will have an opportunity to conduct this self-assessment, and to provide the results to the NCUA. The results, used only in aggregate, will help the NCUA establish a baseline and subsequently, trends on where credit unions are making progress and highlight areas of opportunity. This will help us identify ways in which we can support diversity and inclusion in the credit union system.
Mike Lawson, host of CU Broadcast, discusses the importance of credit union diversity with the NCUA’s Office of Minority and Women Inclusion director, Monica Davy, in this episode of the credit union talk show.
The following tools and resources are available to help you complete the assessment:
- Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment (opens new window)
- Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment Instructions (opens new window)
- Supplier Diversity Guide for Credit Unions (opens new window)
- Business case for Credit Union Diversity (opens new window)
- Final Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (opens new window)
- Financial Services Industry’s Untapped Market (opens new window)