Read the Latest Issue of “The NCUA Report” Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 13, 2016) – Disasters may be infrequent, but they are a fact of life. When a disaster strikes, the National Credit Union Administration works with the credit union system to determine which credit unions are affected and what assistance they may need.
In the latest issue of The NCUA Report, NCUA’s Office of Continuity and Security Management outlines how the agency’s new Incident Management System will improve the agency’s ability to assist credit unions as they respond to disasters like hurricanes, floods and wildfires.
The September 2016 issue of The NCUA Report newsletter is available online here.
The agency’s newsletter features columns from NCUA Board Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters, as well as articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
Articles in this month’s issue include:
- Chairman’s Corner: Fall Is Here: Start Preparing for Winter and the New Year
- The Basics of Vulnerability Management
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Opinions Are Not Facts, Including When It Comes to the Stabilization Fund
- Help Deter, Detect and Report Insider Fraud
- Back to School Is an Excellent Time to Talk to Your Members about Personal Finance
- New Guidebook Can Help Credit Unions Expand Their Digital Services
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board activity and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. If interested, you can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here (opens new window). Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online here (opens new window).