Read the Latest Issue of NCUA’s Newsletter Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (April 19, 2016) – The latest issue of the National Credit Union Administration’s monthly newsletter details the recent changes made by the Department of Defense that will extend the protections of the Military Lending Act to a broader range of closed-end and open-end credit union products.
The April 2016 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online here.
The agency’s newsletter features columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz, Vice Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. It also contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
Articles in this month’s issue include:
- Chairman’s Corner: Leaving NCUA with Confidence in Credit Unions’ Future
- Regulatory Modernization Initiative Results 2011–2016
- Vice Chairman Metsger’s Perspective: Well Done, Good and Faithful Public Servant
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Time to Focus on Smart Regulation
- Board Actions: New Rule Provides Credit Unions More Flexibility in Bank Note Investments
- Keeping Your Credit Union’s Profile Updated Can Have a Big Impact
- Looking for New Community Development Partners? Have You Considered EPA?
- Regulatory Capital Transition Date Approaching for Corporates
- Lessons of Financial Literacy Month Are Important All Year
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. Interested readers can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here. Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online at (opens new window).