Agency Now Accepting Comments and Budget Briefing Presentation Requests
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 26, 2018) – The National Credit Union Administration’s proposed 2019-2020 budget is available for review and comment.
“The NCUA remains committed to a fully transparent and accountable budget process,” NCUA Board Chairman J. Mark McWatters said. “We appreciate thoughtful, specific suggestions from stakeholders on making the most efficient and effective use of the resources credit unions provide. While final decisions always remain with the Board, receiving and reviewing public comments is an important part of our process.”
The NCUA posted the proposed budget summary (opens new window) and detailed budget justification (opens new window) on the Budget and Supplementary Materials page of NCUA.gov and will publish the proposal in the Federal Register. The proposed 2019 operating budget is $304.4 million and includes a decrease of 10 positions from the authorized 2018 staffing levels.
The public comment period is open until Oct. 26. The agency will hold a budget briefing on Oct. 17 at 10 a.m. Eastern in its Central Office boardroom. The briefing will be livestreamed on NCUA.gov. Individuals attending the briefing will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern. An overflow room will be available.
The Board is scheduled to approve a final budget at its Nov. 15 open meeting.
To comment on the proposed budget:
- Email your comments to BudgetComments@ncua.gov by Oct. 26.
- Comments should provide specific, actionable recommendations.
To request a presentation at the Oct. 17 budget briefing:
- Email your request to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by Oct. 9.
- Include the presenter’s name, title, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Board Secretary will notify approved presenters and give them their allotted presentation times.
- Email a copy of your presentation to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by Oct. 15.