ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Jan. 11, 2017) – The National Credit Union Administration’s new field-of-membership rule takes effect Feb. 6, and you can get important information about the new rule in an agency webinar scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 1.
The 90-minute webinar, “New Field-of-Membership Rule – Effective February 6, 2017,” will begin at 2 p.m. Eastern. Prior to the webinar, you can review the new rule (opens new window), approved by the NCUA Board at its October 2016 open meeting, and changes from the previous rule described in a comparison chart (opens new window).
Online registration is now open here (opens new window). You will use this same link to log into the webinar. You should allow pop-ups from this website. There is no charge for this webinar.
During the webinar, staff from NCUA’s Office of Consumer Financial Protection and Access who were involved with developing the new final rule will cover topics that include:
- Regulatory changes to modernize options available for:
- Community charters,
- Rural districts,
- Underserved areas,
- Multiple common-bond expansions,
- Trade, industry, or profession groups, and
- Credit unions serving a branch of the United States’ armed forces;
- The type and extent of information a federal credit union should submit to support an application to expand its field-of-membership; and
- NCUA’s internal procedures for implementing the new field-of-membership rule.
You can submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The email’s subject line should read, “FOM Modernization.”