Read the Latest Issue of NCUA’s Monthly Newsletter Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (March 22, 2016) –The latest issue of the National Credit Union Administration’s monthly newsletter examines the key aspects of the modernized member business lending rule, and how the change from prescriptive limits to principles-based regulation will provide credit unions greater measures of regulatory relief and flexibility.
The March 2016 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online here (opens new window).
The agency’s newsletter features columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz, Vice Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. It also contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
Articles in this month’s issue include:
- Chairman’s Corner: New Era of Regulatory Relief
- Vice Chairman Metsger’s Perspective: You Say You Want a Devolution…
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: It Is Time to Consider an 18-Month Examination Cycle
- Board Actions: Share Insurance Fund Continues Strong Positive Trends
- 2015: A Strong Year for Credit Unions Overall
- It’s Not Just about Financial Literacy—It’s Also about Financial Well-being
- NCUA Supervisory Committee Video Series Available in Spanish
- Come Explore the World of Cents
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. Interested readers can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here. Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online at http://go.usa.gov/cghah (opens new window).