Read the Latest Issue of “The NCUA Report” Online
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Dec. 13, 2016) – Insured share growth in credit unions, along with the continuing low interest-rate environment, is causing the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund’s equity ratio to decline. As a result, staff recommended at the November Board meeting a share insurance premium of between 3 to 6 basis points.
In the latest issue of The NCUA Report newsletter, NCUA’s Office of Examination and Insurance details the factors affecting the fund’s equity ratio and why an insurance premium may be necessary. The December 2016 issue is now available online here.
The agency’s newsletter features columns from NCUA Board Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters, as well as articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and important information on regulatory, supervisory and compliance issues at federally insured credit unions.
Articles in this month’s issue include:
- Chairman’s Corner: Looking Back at 2016: A Year of Change to Help American Consumers
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Issues to be Tackled in 2017
- Board Actions: NCUA Board Approves 2017–2018 Budget with Exam Flexibility Initiative Recommendations
- The ABCs of Loan Participation Due Diligence
- Don’t Let Your Members Be Victims of a Scam This Holiday Season
- New Guidebook Has Advice for Credit Unions on Digital Services Contracts
- NCUA Sets 2017 Call Report Deadlines
- NCUA Modernizing Its Platforms to Adapt to Shifting Financial Services Environment
- NCUA Releases New Board Member Video on the Basics of Financial Statements
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board activity and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. If interested, you can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here (opens new window). Previous issues of The NCUA Report are available online here (opens new window).