ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Dec. 16, 2015) – The video recording of the November 2015 open meeting of the National Credit Union Administration Board is now available on the agency’s website.
Archived videos of past Board meetings may be viewed here, and each video remains on the site for one year.
The November open Board meeting’s agenda consisted of six items:
- A proposed rule to modernize field-of-membership requirements for federal credit unions, cut regulatory red tape and increase consumers’ access to affordable financial services;
- An Operating Budget increase of 4.1 percent for each of the next two years—the smallest increase since 2007—to fund the agency’s critical activities and address strategic priorities;
- The 2016–2017 Annual Performance Plan to establish NCUA’s goals for the coming year;
- A delegation to the Office of Examination and Insurance to administer the Board-approved methodology for calculating the Overhead Transfer Rate, which will be 73.1 percent in 2016;
- A delegation to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer to administer the Board-approved methodology for calculating the federal credit union Operating Fee, which will be 0.47 percent in 2016; and
- A briefing from the Chief Financial Officer on the performance of the Temporary Corporate Credit Union Stabilization Fund, which remained in a positive net position.
NCUA posts these videos as part of the agency’s ongoing efforts to provide transparency and to allow those unable to attend Board meetings the opportunity to become better informed. An interval between the meeting and posting is necessary for the videos to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act for the hearing and visually impaired.
The Board Actions page of NCUA’s website has more information, including Board agendas, which are posted at least one week in advance of each open meeting, copies of Board Action Bulletins, which summarize the meetings, copies of Board memorandums and other documents.