Board Action Bulletin
Board Approves Proposed Amendments to Corporate, Flood Insurance Rules
- A proposed rule making technical corrections to the agency’s corporate rule.
- A proposed joint agency rule amending flood insurance regulations.
The Share Insurance Fund ended the third quarter of 2014 with a net income of $24.6 million and an equity ratio of 1.30 percent. The equity ratio is calculated on an estimated insured share base of $895.7 billion and reflects the capitalization deposit adjustment billed in September.
- The number of CAMEL code 4 and 5 credit unions fell 9.1 percent from the third quarter of 2013 to 288.
- Assets of CAMEL code 4 and 5 credit unions were $14 billion, a 10.3 percent decline from the third quarter of 2013.
- The number of CAMEL code 3 credit unions declined 2.2 percent from the third quarter of 2013 to 1,450.
- Assets of CAMEL code 3 credit unions were $104.7 billion, a 3.4 percent decrease from the third quarter of 2013.
Proposed technical amendments to the corporate credit unions rule (Part 704) approved by the NCUA Board would simplify and clarify several parts of the rule and facilitate compliance.
NCUA joined four other federal agencies in approving a proposed rule to amend the regulation on lending in areas having special flood hazards (Part 760).
NCUA tweets all open Board meetings live. Follow @TheNCUA (opens new window) on Twitter, and access Board Action Memorandums and NCUA rule changes at www.ncua.gov. NCUA also live streams, archives and posts videos of open Board meetings online.