ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 16, 2015) – The National Credit Union Administration announced today the September 2015 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online.
This latest issue includes columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz, Vice Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. Additionally, it contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
The articles in this month’s edition include:
- Preparing for an Active Shooter Situation
- Chairman’s Corner: The Power of Partnerships
- Small Steps by Members Can Prevent Big Losses
- Vice Chairman Rick Metsger’s Perspective: Building a Better Playbook
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Our Membership Rules Can Be Better with Your Help
- Understanding the Purchase and Assumption Process
- Flood Insurance Requirements Expanded for Lenders and Servicers
- Credit Union Locator Gets New Look, Search Functions and Map Features
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. Interested readers can subscribe to the online version of the newsletter here. For previous issues of The NCUA Report, go to http://go.usa.gov/583d.
NCUA is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise federal credit unions. With the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States, NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share
Insurance Fund, insuring the deposits of account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of
state-chartered credit unions. At MyCreditUnion.gov, NCUA also educates the public on consumer protection and financial literacy issues.