ALEXANDRIA, Va. (May 20, 2015) – The National Credit Union Administration announced today the May 2015 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online.
This latest issue includes columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz, Vice Chairman Rick Metsger and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. Additionally, it contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
The articles in this month’s edition include:
- Membership Requirements Eased with Associational Common-Bond Final Rule
- Chairman’s Corner: Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beholder
- Consulting Nominations Now Open
- Vice Chairman Metsger’s Perspective: Wizards, Angels and Crystal Balls, Oh My!
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Room for Improvement
- Board Actions: New Share Insurance Coverage Proposed for Certain Escrow Accounts
- NCUA-SBA Partnership Builds Credit Union Small Business Lending
- NCUA Loans Build Credit Union Capacity to Serve Communities
- NCUA Resources Support Credit Union Efforts to Protect Older Members
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important NCUA Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. For previous issues of The NCUA Report, go to http://go.usa.gov/583d.
NCUA is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise federal credit unions. With the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States, NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share
Insurance Fund, insuring the deposits of account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of
state-chartered credit unions. At MyCreditUnion.gov, NCUA also educates the public on consumer protection and financial literacy issues.