ALEXANDRIA, Va. (April 21, 2015) – The National Credit Union Administration announced today the April 2015 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online.
This latest issue includes columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz and Board Member J. Mark McWatters. Additionally, it contains articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
The articles in this month’s edition include:
- Economic Growth Expected to Continue But Uncertainty on the Horizon
- Chairman’s Corner: Five New Areas of Regulatory Relief
- Take Part in Financial Capability Month
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Reflections on GAC
- Board Actions: NCUA Seeks to Eliminate Fixed-Assets Cap
- Identifying and Preventing Common Recordkeeping Deficiencies
- Second Half of 2015 Brings Changes to Mortgage Disclosures
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important NCUA Board actions and key issues that credit union managers, staff and volunteers need to know. For previous issues of The NCUA Report, go to http://go.usa.gov/583d.
NCUA is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise federal credit unions. With the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States, NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share
Insurance Fund, insuring the deposits of account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of
state-chartered credit unions. At MyCreditUnion.gov, NCUA also educates the public on consumer protection and financial literacy issues.