ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Nov. 19, 2014) – The National Credit Union Administration announced today that the November 2014 issue of The NCUA Report is now available online.
This latest issue includes columns from NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz and Board Member J. Mark McWatters, as well as articles from several NCUA offices on the agency’s initiatives and information on supervisory, regulatory and compliance issues that are important to all federally insured credit unions.
The articles in this month’s edition include:
- ATM Skimmers: Can You Spot Them?
- Chairman’s Corner: Honoring Our Nation’s Veterans
- Board Member McWatters’ Perspective: Taking the Time to Get It Right
- Board Actions: No Share Insurance Fund Premium for 2014
- Understanding Risks in Electronic Payment Systems
- Five New NCUA Videos to Fight Fraud
- Mobile Banking, Payments Increase among Smartphone Users
- Find a Credit Union with Our Locator App
Published monthly, The NCUA Report is NCUA’s flagship publication. The newsletter highlights important NCUA Board actions and key issues that credit union volunteers and management need to know. For previous issues of The NCUA Report, go to http://go.usa.gov/583d.
NCUA is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise federal credit unions. With the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States, NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share
Insurance Fund, insuring the deposits of account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of
state-chartered credit unions. At MyCreditUnion.gov, NCUA also educates the public on consumer protection and financial literacy issues.