ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 14, 2011) – The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) has issued orders prohibiting the following individuals from participating in the affairs of any federally insured financial institution:
- Rhonda Hitt, a former employee of Fort Worth Star-Telegram Employees Federal Credit Union, Fort Worth, Texas, without admitting or denying fault, consented to a prohibition order and a cease-and-desist order. Hitt was ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $4,383.49 to EECU. Fort Worth Star-Telegram Employees Federal Credit Union merged with EECU in 2010.
- Milton Callan, a former employee of Lockheed Federal Credit Union (LFCU), Burbank, Calif., was convicted of embezzlement. Callan was sentenced to 41 months in prison, five years supervised probation and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $831,763.91.
- Varoujan John Daglian, a former employee of LFCU was convicted of grand theft. Daglian was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $751.
- Lorraine Lopez, a former employee of LFCU was convicted of grand theft. Lopez was sentenced to three years formal probation and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $5,808.26.
- Victor Jackmon, a former employee of LFCU was convicted of felony theft. Jackmon was sentenced to five years of probation and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $14,263.66.
NCUA enforcement orders are online at http://preview.ncua.gov/Legal/Pages/AO2011.aspx, and may be inspected at NCUA’s Office of General Counsel between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Copies may be ordered by mail from NCUA, 1775 Duke St., Alexandria, Va. 22314-3428.
Violation of a prohibition order is a felony offense punishable by imprisonment and a fine of up to $1 million.
NCUA is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise federal credit unions. With the backing of the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government, NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, insuring the deposits of more than 97 million account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of state-chartered credit unions. At
Pocket Cents, NCUA also educates the public on consumer protection and financial literacy issues..