Wednesday, January 23, 2013: 2:00 PM (Eastern Time)
NCUA will host a free webinar by the Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives about serving Low-Income Members. Many new credit unions accepted the Low-Income designation (LID) from NCUA in 2012, acknowledging that more than 50% of their members are low-income. In August 2012, OSCUI held a webinar reviewing the benefits of the designation. In this follow-up webinar, staff from OSCUI and NCUA’s Office of Consumer Protection will discuss a process newly designated credit unions might use to improve and increase service to low-income members. Sample products and services targeted to the underserved will be profiled.
The webinar will answer questions like:
- How do we strategically assess current service to our low-income membership?
- What changes can we make to improve services in light of our low-income concentration?
- How can the low-income designation enhance a credit union’s reputation and outreach?
- Which product and service additions might better serve low-income members?
- What regulatory issues should be monitored in using LID benefits like non-member deposits and secondary capital to serve the underserved?
Registration for this free NCUA webinar is now open here. Participants will also use this link to log into the webinar. Registrants should allow pop-ups from this website.
Participants may submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The subject line of the email should read “LID Strategies Webinar.” For technical questions about accessing the webinar, please call 703-518-6440.
NCUA’s OSCUI fosters credit union development and the effective delivery of financial services for small credit unions, new credit unions and credit unions with a low-income designation.