Friday, December 14, 2012: 2:00 PM (Eastern Time)
The NCUA Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives (OSCUI) is hosting a free Credit Union Merger Webinar. OSCUI staff and industry experts from the Filene Research Institute and CUNA will present an in-depth discussion of the ways to avoid mergers, the reasons for credit union mergers and the responsibilities of managers and boards of directors during the merger process.
The webinar will answer questions like:
- Why do mergers happen?
- Should merger scenarios be a part of strategic planning?
- Who is responsible for protecting the interests of members during a merger?
- How to maintain viability and avoid administrative mergers?
- How to find the ideal merger partner?
- What is the merger process?
Although the webinar is free you must still register in advance. To register, use this link:
This link will also be used to log into the webinar after participants have registered. Registrants should allow pop-ups from this website
Participants can submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The subject line of the email should read “OSCUI Merger Webinar.” For technical questions about accessing the webinar, please call 703-518-6440.